- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 pie pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh dates, pits removed
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground all spice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3-6 capsules of Primeadine Original
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Slice pumpkin in half, clean out seeds and place cut side down on baking sheet. Cook in oven for 40 minutes, remove and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan add coconut milk, dates, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and all spice. Bring to a boil on high heat then lower to a simmer. Cook until the dates have softened and begin to break up. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix together almond flour, coconut flour, and coconut oil until combined and reaches a sand-like consistency. Add the egg and mix to form a dough. Form into a 2 inch thick disc, then wrap and place in the fridge to set for 10 minutes.
- Once set, place the dough onto a sheet of parchment large enough to roll the dough on. Top the dough with another sheet of parchment and roll it out to a ¼ inch thickness. Fix cracks and breaks as you roll it out, if necessary.
- Remove the top piece of parchment and carefully turn the dough into the pie dish. Don’t worry if it breaks as you can repair it as required. Form the dough in the pie dish to your liking ensuring there are no cracks or breaks in it. Poke the dough all over with a fork so it doesn’t puff up while baking. Place the crust in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a food processor, add coconut milk mixture and 2 cups of the cooked pumpkin and blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl and add the 2 beaten eggs. Whisk until combined. Pour the mixture into the crust and smooth out with a spatula. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes, until the centre is set. Optional: Cover the crusts with tin foil while baking to prevent burning.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature before serving, and sprinkle Primeadine Original on top for extra nuttiness and some sneaky cell renewal ;) Enjoy!
Leave a comment (all fields required)