Primeadine® Original Spermidine Powder Luxury Starter Kit - 3-Month Supply
Primeadine® Original spermidine superfood powder makes it easier than ever to slow aging with plant-derived spermidine, mixing seamlessly with food and drinks. Each serving provides 1mg of pure, bioavailable spermidine derived from concentrated Japanese wheat germ extract.
Included in the Luxury Starter Kit:
- 3-Month Supply Powder Pouch
- Hand-crafted Japanese storage box, the "Kiseki"
- Recipe Booklet
Comes in a beautiful, premium box, making an ideal gift for yourself or a loved one.
Elevate your healthspan with one vital tool - a powerful plant-derived molecule called spermidine that addresses the root causes of aging and triggers cellular renewal (autophagy). Primeadine® Original spermidine powder is an easy, clean, and bioavailable way to boost your spermidine levels and ignite renewal and regeneration so you can look and feel better than ever.
This luxury starter kit includes a 3-month supply of powder and a traditional Japanese wild cherry tree bark "Kiseki" storage box, hand-crafted in Akita, Japan by one of the 5 remaining families that still makes them, the Tomioka family. Crafted from wild cherry tree bark due to its profound beauty and natural anti-septic properties, the "Kiseki" is designed to protect your Primeadine® powder from moisture and impurities. It also comes with a recipe booklet for use with your powder.
What are the benefits?
- Activates cellular renewal (autophagy)
- Supports sleep quality & circadian rhythm
- Promotes hair growth
- Supports skin and nail health
- Promotes energy and vitality
- Supports memory, cognition, and brain health
- Helps maintain gut health
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Mimics the benefits of fasting
We recommend taking Primeadine® consistently for at least 12 weeks to experience the full benefits. Best results are seen with continuous use.
Please note, this product is non-returnable.
- Each serving provides 1mg of supplemental plant-derived spermidine from concentrated, defatted Japanese wheat* germ extract. We defat our wheat germ extract to remove the omega 6 fatty acids (PUFAs). When left in, these can easily go rancid, become part of the cell membrane, and cause inflammation in the body. Defatted wheat germ is also more easily absorbed at the gut lining.
- A prebiotic fiber called FOS (fructooligosaccharide) from a special resistant starch, maltodextrin (beetroot).
- Sodium citrate.
*Allergens: Wheat (Contains 40mg of gluten). In comparison, the average slice of bread contains 1,000-2,000mg of gluten.
How to Use
Serving Size: 1g (approx. 1/2 a level teaspoon).
Please remember that a little like magic fairy dust, Primeadine® Original spermidine powder is very fine in texture. Open the pouch carefully and scoop it out slowly.
Add 1g (approx. 1/2 a level teaspoon) to any food or drink below 104F (40C), such as smoothies, shakes, or porridge. When adding to liquid, we recommend using a matcha whisk or milk frother to ensure the texture is super smooth.
"Kiseki" Storage Box Care Instructions:
Due to the delicate nature of your Kiseki box, please clean it gently with a cloth so it maintains its beautiful glossy finish. This finish should become more beautiful with daily use. Avoid immersing in water or leaving in high moisture areas.
When to Take:
We suggest taking Primeadine® Original powder with your last meal to kickstart the autophagy experienced during your overnight fast, or with your breakfast to extend the benefits of your fast.
Contains concentrated wheat* germ, therefore it is not suitable for individuals with Celiac disease or wheat allergy.
It may not be suitable for individuals diagnosed with small intestinal bowel overgrowth (SIBO) and those who are on an Autoimmune Paleo, Carnivore or Lectin-free diet. Please consult your healthcare practitioner if you are unsure.
To be safe, we offer a gluten-free version so everyone can reap the benefits of our plant-derived spermidine supplement. Try Primeadine® GF.
- PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Heavy metals
- Flow agents
"Kiseki", A 250-Year Old Miracle Of Nature
For thousands of years, the Japanese have revered the Sakura (cherry tree), for its regenerative abilities, natural anti-microbial properties, and profound beauty. An ideal medium for storing anything delicate, samurai families began to use its bark over 250 years ago to craft artisanal tea caddies for storing tea and medicine. So, what better way to preserve Primeadine than your very own tea caddy?
What Is Spermidine?
Spermidine is a powerful molecule that targets the root causes of aging, including stem cell and mitochondrial dysfunction, gut dysbiosis, inflammation, and telomere shortening.
It also induces autophagy, your body’s cellular "clean up" and recycling process that is vital to keeping you healthy.Discover
Read Our Reviews
This product is rated 5.0 of 5.0 stars.
It has received 1 review.
Recommended By Scientists, Doctors & Experts
My hair was starting to go from gray back to […] dark brown. It was gray, and now it’s back to its original color. When I think about spermidine as a whole, the way I am viewing it is as a way to reduce systemic inflammation.
I’m nearly 62, and I started looking into lowering my biological age. Primeadine supplements really help with, fundamentally, what’s called autophagy, which is getting rid of rubbish in your cells and using it for energy and for cell renewal and for your brain as well. Lots of you ask about what I take and this is a key essential.
There is no question that spermidine is a crucial component to any longevity program. Thankfully, Oxford Healthspan offers an unparalleled product line. The quality is unprecedented, derived from naturally-sourced materials and manufactured in Japan. As a result, the products contain not only spermidine, but related polyamines which provide additional health benefits. As a result, I highly recommend this product line to all of my patients.
I’ve noticed (via the Oura ring app) my deep and REM sleep improved enormously! My nails are so firm and my skin is even more beautiful and glowing. If you want to improve your health and rejuvenate your body, I suggest following an anti-aging protocol with Primeadine.
The best spermidine supplement on the market.
My renegade beauty secret for deeper sleep, stronger nails, longer lashes, fuller hair, smoother skin, and fading freckles.
Primeadine upregulates autophagy and mitophagy, helps the immune system to rejuvenate plus it protects DNA and supports deep sleep, hair skin, and nails. It’s a staple in my supplement stack!
The top longevity supplement for gray hair, hair loss, and anti-aging. I've been taking this for two months and I've already noticed less hair shedding. Eyelashes look longer and stronger, my skin is brighter and I'm getting much more deep sleep.
I’ve been taking Primeadine spermidine on and off for about 3 years. Every time I go on it, my sleep or recovery scores on my tracking devices go up. And when I go off of it, after several weeks they start to drop.
When Can I Expect Results?
If you have a wearable sleep tracking device, look to see if there are any changes to your sleep within your first week of taking Primeadine. If not, try taking it right before bed! After at least 2 weeks, you may notice you need to clip your nails sooner than expected. This is a sign of increased cell turnover. This cellular renewal will also be happening in your hair and skin.
Changes to your hair may be noticeable after 6-8 weeks (around the time you get your hair cut next). The human clinical trial done on food-derived spermidine found improvements to cognition within 12 weeks.
We recommend taking Primeadine continuously to experience the full range of benefits from enhanced cellular renewal and targeting the root causes of aging.
✔️ Made in a FDA Registered Facility ✔️ Lab Tested ✔️ Vegan & Cruelty-Free
Japanese Wheat Germ Extract
Spermidine is plentiful in wheat germ, but the quality of wheat germ varies. Our concentrated wheat germ extract, sourced from Japan—a region known for its long-living population, nutrient-rich soil and meticulous food safety standards—is high potency and pure. We also defat the wheat germ to prevent the omega 6 fatty acids in it from going rancid and causing inflammation in the body.
FOS (fructooligosaccharide) is a prebiotic fiber found in a special resistant starch, maltodextrin, that we derive from beetroot. FOS selectively feeds the spermidine-producing bacteria in your gut biome, helping them flourish and allowing them to make more spermidine for you. It also promotes a healthy gut flora and smooth digestion.
Have a question? Curious to learn more? The answers to our most commonly asked questions are below.
What is the best spermidine dose to take?
The US FDA has not ruled on a safe upper limit for food-derived spermidine, but the European Union's European Food Safety Authority has deemed 6mg of supplemental food-derived spermidine to be the safe upper limit.
To date, most studies have been conducted using a daily dose of 1mg of food-derived spermidine, together with spermine and putrescine.
Synthetic spermidine has not been tested for safety in humans.
Why is your product more expensive compared to other products I see on the internet?
We take great care to use the highest quality ingredients and to keep out the 'nasties' commonly used in the supplement manufacturing process in our products. We take the same approach that we do when baking a birthday cake for our children: we use the highest quality ingredients - no industrial seed oils such as wheat germ oil that oxidizes rapidly, no magnesium stearate to make the powder flow faster through automated encapsulation equipment (approximately 70% of all magnesium stearate used as 'flow agents' are hydrogenated industrial seed oils), no talc to make the powder denser to fit more compactly into fewer capsules.
We also do not use synthetic spermidine which is very cheap and often 'cut' into products stating 'wheat germ with spermidine.'
We choose plant-derived spermidine. Yes, it is more costly, just as the best cake ingredients for your child's birthday cake would be too. It's a choice and philosophy about value for money.
What makes Primeadine® the best spermidine supplement?
While we can’t speak directly about the formulation of other spermidine products, here are some of the main differentiators of Primeadine®/Oxford Healthspan.
- We source our raw materials from Japan, which is known for their Nobel Prize winning scientific leadership on autophagy. They have the most advanced extraction process, are known worldwide for their rigorous quality control and testing, and they meet the standards of the Japan Health Food and Nutrition Food Association.Our raw materials are manufactured in Japan in an FDA-registered and -inspected facility with ISO22000 standards, the highest in food quality control. Our raw materials are tested for heavy metals, mold, fungi and bacteria at the Japan Food Research Lab (JFRL), a third party independent testing lab. Every single batch must be tested here as food-derived spermidine will have varying quantities of spermidine per batch and we must ensure that every batch contains the minimum effective dose of 1mg stated on our labels. In addition, our spermidine is encapsulated in an FDA cGMP facility in the USA and undergoes purity testing there as well at Eurofins or Delta.
- Our capsules do not contain any synthetic ingredients, whereas other supplements contain magnesium stearate (of which circa 80% will contain hydrogenated fats; the supplement industry is not legally required to get rid of hydrogenated oils the way the processed food industry has been mandated by law to), shellac, talc and glycerin. Our products are all suitable for vegans.
- Our formulation contains a special type of prebiotic fiber, called FructoOligoSaccharide (FOS), that selectively feeds the friendly spermidine-producing bacteria in the gut biome. The idea is to increase both supplemental or 'exogenous' spermidine as well as encourage your own body's natural ability to produce 'endogenous' spermidine.
- We do not use liposomes in Primeadine because this is unnecessary for absorption and would prevent the benefits that happen when spermidine is exposed directly to the gut lining. There is no evidence that spermidine cannot be taken up by the cells on its own. Similar to amino acids, polyamines do not need a liposome to cross into the cell or to be taken up with epithelial cells. The process of creating a liposomal version also creates unnecessary expense.
- We do not synthetically enrich our product with synthetic spermidine.
- We do not use doses beyond what the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has mandated as safe for human consumption, which is 6mg daily. Please note that this is related to food-derived spermidine. Synthetic spermidine and synthetically enriched spermidine have never been tested in humans for safety or efficacy and are being sold without regulatory oversight.
- We work closely with our scientific and clinical advisers at the University of Oxford, all of whom take our product and share it with their families. We are also the only non-Japanese member of the Japan Autophagy Consortium, whose Senior Adviser is the 2016 Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine or Physiology, Prof Yoshimori Ohsumi, and whose Director is Prof Tamotsu Yoshimori, Osaka University. Prof Yoshimori conducted all of the mammalian research in autophagy that helped underpin Prof Ohsumi's work in yeast cells.
What should I feel when taking Primeadine® for the first time?
Primeadine® works at a cellular level, so you won't feel any "fireworks" the first time you take it. That said, some of our customers have reported deeper sleep, as measured by the ōura ring, when taken at night. See our Testimonials section for more!
Why does it matter if spermidine is synthetic or not?
Synthetic spermidine is a 2-dimensional chemical mimic, but we should never forget that molecules are 3-dimensional. Humans have co-evolved with plants over millenia and our bodies recognize the 3-dimensional molecules made by plants. Our bodies can recognize some elements of 2-dimensional mimics, but they are akin to the mirror images of your hands when you put your palms together - 2-dimensionally identical, and yet your right hand cannot wear a left-handed glove.
We have tested other spermidine products whose labels state they contain 'wheat germ with spermidine' and noticed that they have a small amount of wheat germ 'cut in' with high amounts of synthetic spermidine. Often, these are high dose, low cost options with no guarantee that they will work, or that they are safe. Synthetic spermidine has not been tested for safety or efficacy in humans, only food-derived spermidine has.
What are the benefits of food-derived spermidine supplements?
Supplementation with food-derived spermidine in humans has been shown to support cognition and heart health, promote hormonal balance, improve hair growth and fullness (including eyelashes), and strengthen nails.Epidemiological studies have correlated higher spermidine levels with longer life. This is because spermidine induces autophagy, the body’s cellular renewal process, and it inhibits 9 of the 12 hallmarks of aging, the paths down which we age.
What is spermidine?
Spermidine is a polyamine, an organic compound consisting of two or more amino groups, which is positively charged at physiological pH. Spermidine is present in all human tissues, breast milk, sperm and endosperm of plants.
There are three sources of spermidine: endogenous spermidine made from the precursor amino acid ornithine; microbial spermidine, produced from gut microbes, and dietary spermidine, naturally occurring in food.
Endogenous production of spermidine accounts for roughly 1/3 of the body’s spermidine, however the ability to produce spermidine endogenously decreases with age. While microbial and dietary intakes make up 2/3 of the body’s needs, dietary intakes vary greatly between countries, with spermidine intake being higher on the Mediterranean and Japanese diets than on the typical American or Western European diet.
Which foods are highest in spermidine?
With respect to food sources, spermidine is found in the greatest amounts in concentrated wheat germ and the Japanese fermented soybean dish known as natto. It is also found in the endosperm of all seeds and legumes, so important is it to the survival of the next generation of the plant. A unique sub-strain of the algae chlorella, found in the longevity community of Okinawa, Japan, and what we use in Primeadine GF, is also rich in spermidine.
Shiitake mushrooms, peas and long matured cheeses, including Cheddar and Parmesan, also contain spermidine, but the amounts will vary from batch to batch and will depend on growing, soil and harvesting conditions.
Every batch of Primeadine® Original and Primeadine® GF are independently tested by the Japan Food Research Laboratory to ensure the amount of spermidine in each dose is the amount on the label, which is the dose used in human clinical trials.
The concentrated and defatted wheat germ in Primeadine® Original has a beneficial ratio of spermidine to the other polyamines, spermine and putrescine. Together, they form a virtuous polyamine recycling loop, with putrescine a precursor polyamine needed by the body to make more spermine and spermidine should the body need it.
Concentrated and defatted wheat germ derived spermidine is also well absorbed in the GI tract due to its high molecular mass. Defatting the wheat germ also means that the volatile, oxygen-seeking bonds in the wheat germ oil, which are Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids (PUFAs) like industrial seed oils, are not ingested and made part of your cell membranes.
Primeadine® GF comes from a sub-strain of chlorella singled out from over 100 others because it alone contains a high level of spermidine and also contains putrescine, the precursor polyamine to both spermine and spermidine. Our chlorella is grown in the nutrient-abundant longevity islands of Okinawa, Japan, and exposed to sunlight to increase the chlorophyll and other nutrient content, such as vitamins D and K, which together help drive calcium to the bones. We combine the chlorella with two other anti-inflammatories and autophagy inducers, Okinawan turmeric and nobiletin (from Okinawan citrus lime peel).