Primeadine® GF Gluten-Free Spermidine Supplement - 1 Bottle / 30 Day Supply
"I’m getting a juicy night's sleep, (and I’m premenopausal, so that’s a huge benefit). Besides a satisfying rest, I have more supple skin and my lashes and hair are growing so beautifully"
Primeadine® GF is a wholly plant-derived, gluten-free spermidine supplement sourced and made in the longevity islands of Okinawa, Japan, home to some of the world's longest-lived people. A unique blend of 3 autophagy inducers - Okinawan chlorella, nobiletin from "Shikuwasa" citrus lime peel, and turmeric - it provides 1.2mg of plant-derived spermidine per serving.
- Supports sleep quality and circadian rhythm
- Enhances hair growth
- Supports skin and nail health
- Promotes energy and vitality
- Helps maintain gut health
OR switch to a subscription and save 24.44%.
Primeadine® GF is a potent blend of 3 autophagy inducers and 3 anti-inflammatories - Okinawan turmeric, chlorella, and nobiletin from Shikuwasa citrus lime peel - that provides 1.2mg of supplemental spermidine.
Primeadine® GF is our answer for those who avoid gluten but still want to experience the longevity and healthspan-promoting benefits of Japanese plant-derived spermidine!
What are the benefits?
- Supports sleep quality
- Promotes hair growth
- Supports skin and nail health
- Promotes energy and vitality
- Supports memory, cognition, and brain health
- Helps maintain gut health
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Helps maintain healthy cardiovascular function
We recommend taking Primeadine® GF consistently for at least 12 weeks to experience the full benefits. Best results are seen with continuous use.
Primeadine® GF is made up of Okinawan Chlorella (Whole, Broken Cell Wall), Okinawan Shikuwasa (Citrus Depressa) Skin, and Okinawan Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) (Whole). This provides:
- Spermidine - 1.2mg
- Lutein - 2.35mg
- Autophagy enhancer, nobiletin - 0.3mg
- Naturally-occurring sources of vitamins & minerals: vitamin D2 (7mcg), vitamin K (6mcg), folate (25mcg), vitamin B12 (0.09mcg), biotin (3mcg), pantothenic acid (0.04mg), and iron (0.3mg).
Other ingredients: Tricalcium phosphate.
Please do not take it if you are allergic to chlorella, citrus, or turmeric.
- Heavy Metals
- Flow Agents
Primeadine® GF is made in an FDA-registered facility, in Okinawa, Japan, that does NOT handle wheat, shellfish, dairy, or nuts.
How to Use
2 tablets per day with liquid at mealtime. You may also grind tablets and add to smoothies.
For long-term use:
We suggest taking Primeadine® with your last meal to kickstart autophagy before bed, or with your breakfast to extend the benefits of your overnight fast.
For first-time use:
The first time you take it we recommend working up to the full daily dosage over 2 consecutive days.
Day 1: Take 1 tablet with water at mealtime.
Day 2: Take 2 tablets with water at mealtime and if well tolerated, remain at this dose.
- Hemochromatosis: Due to the naturally-occurring iron content, please discuss with your healthcare practitioner before taking if you have this condition.
- Please do not take it if you're allergic to chlorella, citrus, or turmeric. If you experience any negative effects or reactions, please discontinue use immediately.
Customer & Expert Reviews
This product is rated 4.8 of 5.0 stars.
It has received 20 reviews.
There is no question that spermidine is a crucial component to any longevity program. Thankfully, Oxford Healthspan offers an unparalleled product line. The quality is unprecedented, derived from naturally-sourced materials and manufactured in Japan. As a result, the products contain not only spermidine, but related polyamines which provide additional health benefits. As a result, I highly recommend this product line to all of my patients.
My renegade beauty secret for deeper sleep, stronger nails, longer lashes, fuller hair, smoother skin, and fading freckles.
Primeadine is an exceptional quality spermidine that I use in many protocols, especially when I am trying to induce autophagy. These include such diverse protocols as those for tinnitus, cancer, post-viral syndromes, 'autoimmunity', and graying hair! I am especially pleased to have a gluten-free version to offer patients.
I’m nearly 62, and I started looking into lowering my biological age. Primeadine supplements really help with, fundamentally, what’s called autophagy, which is getting rid of rubbish in your cells and using it for energy and for cell renewal and for your brain as well. Lots of you ask about what I take and this is a key essential.
My hair was starting to go from gray back to […] dark brown. It was gray, and now it’s back to its original color. When I think about spermidine as a whole, the way I am viewing it is as a way to reduce systemic inflammation.
I’ve been taking Primeadine spermidine on and off for about 3 years. Every time I go on it, my sleep or recovery scores on my tracking devices go up. And when I go off of it, after several weeks they start to drop.
My wife has been taking it for six months and I think she looks younger and her hair growth has come back after pregnancy, and nails, and all kinds of things that are a reflection of good vitality.
I’ve noticed (via the Oura ring app) my deep and REM sleep improved enormously! My nails are so firm and my skin is even more beautiful and glowing. If you want to improve your health and rejuvenate your body, I suggest following an anti-aging protocol with Primeadine.
The best spermidine supplement on the market.
Primeadine upregulates autophagy and mitophagy, helps the immune system to rejuvenate plus it protects DNA and supports deep sleep, hair skin, and nails. It’s a staple in my supplement stack!
What I noticed is: incredibly thick and fast-growing eyelashes, hair, and nails; improved skin texture; constant energy levels; great digestion; stronger immunity; deep, restful sleep; balanced hormones and regular menstruation.
One of my non-negotiable supplements for better skin, hair, lash growth, and autophagy. And best of all - improved sleep.
What is Spermidine?
Spermidine is a polyamine, meaning it’s made up of amino acids. It has garnered lots of attention in the longevity sphere for its ability to inhibit 9 of the 12 hallmarks of aging, the paths down which you age. These include stem cell and mitochondrial dysfunction, gut dysbiosis, inflammation, and telomere shortening.
It also induces autophagy, your body’s cellular renewal and recycling process that is so vital to keeping you healthy.
While the name is unfortunate, it speaks to how essential it is to all human life; spermidine is found in abundance in sperm, breast milk, and the endosperm of seeds, such as wheat germ. Studies on plant-derived spermidine in humans have shown improved cognitive function, heart health, hair growth, and strengthened nails. Epidemiological studies have correlated it with a longer life.
Your gut biome and body tissues produce ⅔ of your body’s spermidine content; this is known as ‘endogenous production’. The final ⅓ comes ‘exogenously’, or from your diet. Endogenous production reduces with age, therefore your body requires a higher intake to age healthily and continue to promote cellular renewal and regeneration.Read More
Primeadine® GF vs other Spermidine Supplements
What makes Primeadine® GF the best gluten-free spermidine supplement?
When can I Expect Results?
If you have a wearable sleep tracking device, look to see if there are any changes to your sleep within your first week of taking Primeadine®. If not, try taking it in the evening! After at least 2 weeks, you may notice you need to clip your nails sooner than expected. This is a sign of increased cell turnover. This cellular renewal will also be happening in your hair and skin.
Changes to your hair may be noticeable after 6-8 weeks (around the time you get your hair cut next). The human clinical trial done on food-derived spermidine found improvements to cognition within 12 weeks, and your energy levels should improve in this time period also.
We recommend taking Primeadine® continuously for at least 12 weeks to experience the full range of benefits from enhanced cellular renewal and inhibiting the aging pathways.
Primeadine® GF Ingredients
✔️ Gluten-Free ✔️Vegan & Cruelty-Free ✔️ Made in an FDA-Registered Facility ✔️ Lab Tested
For Primeadine® GF, we singled out a special sub-strain of chlorella that is uniquely rich in spermidine and putrescine (precursor to spermidine and spermine) We source it from the longevity islands of Okinawa, Japan where it grows in a pristine, isolated oceanfront location under sunny Okinawan skies using crystal-clean water taken from a pure volcanic, rock-filtered source in the mountains. Not only does this paint a lovely picture, but it also increases its nutrient content!
We then rigorously test it for heavy metals, mold, fungi, and bacteria at the Japan Food Research Lab (JFRL), a third-party independent testing lab. We also make sure the chlorella is easily absorbed by breaking the cell walls; this is known as "'broken cell wall chlorella" and is the only bioavailable form.
The Okinawan longevity islands are a combination of ancient coral rock and volcanic rock, making its soil, and thereby its turmeric, particularly potent and nutrient-dense. While turmeric is known for being a powerful anti-inflammatory, the curcumin inside has also been found to stimulate autophagy (cell renewal).
Nobiletin (from Okinawan "Shikuwasa" Citrus Lime Peel)
The flavanoid, nobiletin, is a potent autophagy inducer found in Okinawan ("Shikuwasa") citrus lime peel. Shikuwasa is Japan's national lime and is a staple in the diets of Okinawan centenarians: they drink Shikuwasa juice, use it in marinades, to flavor noodle dishes, and even add it to an alcoholic beverage called awamori.
Have a question? Curious to learn more? The answers to our most commonly asked questions are below and view all FAQs here.
What is the best spermidine dose to take?
The US FDA has not ruled on a safe upper limit for food-derived spermidine, but the European Union's European Food Safety Authority has deemed 6mg of supplemental food-derived spermidine to be the safe upper limit.
To date, most studies have been conducted using a daily dose of 1mg of food-derived spermidine, together with the naturally co-occurring spermine and putrescine that are not found in synthetic spermidine.
Synthetic spermidine has not been tested for safety or efficacy in humans.
Why is your product more expensive compared to other products I see on the internet?
- We take great care to use the highest quality ingredients available and to keep out the 'nasties' commonly found in the supplement manufacturing process. We take the same approach that we do when baking a birthday cake for our children: we use the highest quality ingredients - no industrial seed oils such as wheat germ oil that oxidizes rapidly and wreaks havoc in our cells, no magnesium stearate to make the powder flow faster through automated encapsulation equipment (approximately 80% of all magnesium stearate used as 'flow agents' contain hydrogenated industrial seed oils), and no talc to make the powder denser and fit more compactly into fewer capsules.
- We also do not use synthetic spermidine, which is very cheap and often 'cut' into products stating they contain 'wheat germ with spermidine.'
- We choose food-derived spermidine, sourced and manufactured in Japan, which has one of the strictest food and supplement regulatory regimens in the world. Our products undergo rigorous third party lab testing to ensure they are of the purest and most effective quality. Yes, it is more costly, just as the best cake ingredients for your child's birthday cake would be too. It's a choice and philosophy we wholeheartedly believe in and follow every step of the way.
What makes Primeadine® the best spermidine supplement?
While we can’t speak directly about the formulation of other spermidine products, here are some of the main differentiators of Primeadine®/Oxford Healthspan.
- We source our raw materials from Japan, which is known for its Nobel Prize winning scientific leadership on autophagy, or cell renewal. Japan has one of the most rigorous quality control and testing policies in the world, meaning our ingredients have the most advanced extraction process and meet the incredibly high standards of the Japan Health Food and Nutrition Food Association. They are tested for heavy metals, mold, fungi, and bacteria at the Japan Food Research Lab (JFRL), a third party independent testing lab.
- Every single batch is tested for its amount of food-derived spermidine so we ensure it contains the minimum effective dose of 1mg stated on our labels.
- Primeadine® is manufactured in Japan in an FDA-registered and -inspected facility with ISO22000 standards, the highest in food quality control. It is then encapsulated in an FDA cGMP facility in the USA and undergoes purity testing there as well at Eurofins or Delta.
- Our capsules and tablets do not contain any synthetic ingredients, whereas other supplements typically contain magnesium stearate (of which circa 80% has hydrogenated fats in it; the supplement industry is not legally required to get rid of hydrogenated oils the way the processed food industry has been mandated by law to), shellac, talc and glycerin. Our products are all suitable for vegans. Learn more about our sourcing, quality, and testing standards.
- The Primeadine® Original formulation includes a special type of prebiotic fiber, called FOS (fructooligosaccharide), that selectively feeds the friendly, spermidine-producing bacteria in the gut biome. The idea is to increase both supplemental, or 'exogenous' spermidine, as well as encourage your own body's natural ability to produce 'endogenous' spermidine in your gut biome.
- Primeadine® GF comes from a sub-strain of chlorella singled out from over 100 others because it alone contains a high level of spermidine and also contains putrescine, the precursor polyamine to both spermine and spermidine. Our chlorella is grown in the nutrient-abundant longevity islands of Okinawa, Japan, and exposed to sunlight to increase the chlorophyll and other nutrient content, such as vitamins D and K, which together help drive calcium to the bones. We combine the chlorella with two other anti-inflammatories and autophagy inducers, Okinawan turmeric and nobiletin (from Okinawan "Shikuwasa" citrus lime peel). Find out more about our ingredients.
- We do not use liposomes in Primeadine® because this is unnecessary for absorption and would prevent the benefits that happen when spermidine is exposed directly to the gut lining. There is no evidence that spermidine cannot be taken up by the cells on its own. Similar to amino acids, polyamines do not need a liposome to cross into the cell or to be taken up with epithelial cells. The process of creating a liposomal version also creates unnecessary expense.
- We do not synthetically enrich our product with synthetic spermidine. Be wary of labels that say "wheat germ with spermidine" as this indicates that the wheat germ has been soaked in synthetic spermidine, thereby increasing the overall amount of spermidine but meaning it is no longer a natural source.
- We do not use doses beyond what the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has mandated as safe for human consumption, which is 6mg daily. Please note that this is related to food-derived spermidine. Synthetic spermidine and synthetically enriched spermidine have never been tested in humans for safety or efficacy and are being sold without regulatory oversight.
- We work closely with our scientific and clinical advisers at the University of Oxford and abroad, all of whom take our product and share it with their loved ones. Learn more about our scientific advisory board here.
- We are also the only non-Japanese member of the Japan Autophagy Consortium, whose Senior Adviser is the 2016 Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine or Physiology, Prof Yoshimori Ohsumi, and whose Director is Prof Tamotsu Yoshimori, Osaka University. Prof Yoshimori conducted all of the mammalian research in autophagy that helped underpin Prof Ohsumi's work in yeast cells. Find out more about our story here.
What should I feel when taking Primeadine® for the first time?
Primeadine® works at a cellular level, so we recommend taking it for at least 12 weeks to experience its full effects. That said, some of our customers have reported deeper sleep, as measured by their wearable sleep tracking devices, as early as the first night. See our Reviews for more!
Why does it matter if spermidine is synthetic or not?
Synthetic spermidine is a 2-dimensional chemical mimic, but we should never forget that molecules are 3-dimensional. Humans have co-evolved with plants over millenia and our bodies recognize the 3-dimensional molecules made by plants. Our bodies can recognize some elements of 2-dimensional mimics, but they are akin to the mirror images of your hands when you put your palms together - 2-dimensionally identical, and yet your right hand cannot wear a left-handed glove.
We have tested other spermidine products whose labels state they contain 'wheat germ with spermidine' and noticed that they have a small amount of wheat germ 'cut in' with high amounts of synthetic spermidine. Often, these are high dose, low cost options with no guarantee that they will work, or that they are safe. Synthetic spermidine has not been tested for safety or efficacy in humans, only food-derived spermidine has.
Synthetic spermidine does not contain the naturally co-occurring and beneficial polyamines, spermine and putrescine, which are present in food-derived spermidine and contribute to the good results found in studies. There is no evidence that synthetic spermidine alone would have the same benefits.
The presence of these extra polyamines make food-derived spermidine highly bioavailable as putrescine is the precursor to spermidine and spermine, creating a virtuous recycling loop that improves your body's natural spermidine production. For this reason, there is no need for the high doses featured in synthetic spermidine since wholly plant-derived products, like Primeadine®, help your body make more on its own.
What are the benefits of plant-derived spermidine supplements?
Epidemiological studies have correlated higher plant-derived spermidine levels with a longer life.
Supplementation with food-derived spermidine in humans has been shown to support cognition and heart health, promote hormonal balance, improve hair growth and fullness (including eyelashes and brows), and strengthen nails.
This is thought to be because spermidine induces autophagy, the body’s cellular renewal and "clean up" process. It also inhibits 9 of the 12 aging pathways, known as the "Hallmarks of Aging". Some of the hallmarks spermidine acts upon include inflammation, stem cell and mitochondrial dysfunction, and gut dysbiosis.
Inhibiting the aging pathways and inducing autophagy have a whole-body effect and are responsible for the many benefits experienced when consuming plant-derived spermidine.
Other benefits noticed by our clients include deeper, sounder sleep, hair color re-pigmentation, enhanced energy levels, brighter, more supple skin, and improved gut health.