Primeadine® Original Spermidine Supplement - 1 Bottle / 30 Day Supply
I just love knowing that those "accessory upgrades" are just surface proof of the deeper good stuff that's happening in all my other organs and systems.
Primeadine® Original is a wholly plant-derived spermidine supplement for healthy aging and activating cellular renewal, or autophagy. Each serving provides 1mg of the purest, most bioavailable spermidine from concentrated and defatted Japanese wheat germ extract.
- Supports sleep quality and circadian rhythm
- Enhances hair growth
- Supports skin and nail health
- Promotes energy and vitality
- Helps maintain gut health
OR switch to a subscription and save 24.44%.
Promote healthy aging with Primeadine® Original plant-derived spermidine supplements. Each dose contains 900mg of concentrated and Japanese wheat germ extract, providing 1mg of spermidine in its purest, most bioavailable form.
The wholly food-derived spermidine in Primeadine® Original also comes with naturally co-occurring polyamines, putrescine and spermine. These additional polyamines, plus the special prebiotic fiber we add to support spermidine production in your gut biome, are part of a virtuous recycling loop that helps your body make more spermidine.
What are the benefits?
- Supports sleep quality
- Promotes hair growth
- Supports skin and nail health
- Promotes energy and vitality
- Supports memory, cognition, and brain health
- Helps maintain gut health
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Helps maintain healthy cardiovascular function
We recommend taking Primeadine® consistently for at least 12 weeks to experience the full benefits. Best results are seen with continuous use.
- Each serving provides 1mg of supplemental plant-derived spermidine from concentrated, defatted Japanese wheat* germ extract. We defat our wheat germ extract to remove the omega 6 fatty acids (PUFAs). We do this as these can easily go rancid and become part of the outer cell membrane where they cause inflammation and leak cell components. Defatted wheat germ is also more easily absorbed in the GI tract due to its high molecular mass.
- A prebiotic fiber called FOS (fructooligosaccharide) from a special resistant starch, maltodextrin (beetroot).
- Hypromellose (plant cellulose capsule).
- Sodium citrate.
*Allergens: Wheat (Contains 40mg of gluten). In comparison, the average slice of bread contains 1,000-2,000mg of gluten.
How to Use
Serving size: 3 capsules per day, taken with liquid at mealtime.
For long term use:
We suggest taking Primeadine® with your last meal to kickstart autophagy before bed, or with your breakfast to extend the benefits of your overnight fast.
For first time use:
However, the first time you take it we recommend working up to the full daily dosage over 3 consecutive days.
Day 1: Take 1 capsule with liquid at mealtime.
Day 2: Take 2 capsules with liquid at mealtime.
Day 3: Take 3 capsules with liquid at mealtime and if well tolerated, continue at this dose.
If you find 3 capsules too many to take at once, you can split the dose across the day, or open the pills and add the contents to food or drink (below 40 degrees celsius/104 degrees fahrenheit).
Avoid gluten? Try our gluten-free alternative, Primeadine® GF.
Contains concentrated wheat* germ, therefore it is not suitable for individuals with Celiac disease or wheat allergy.
It may not be suitable for individuals diagnosed with small intestinal bowel overgrowth (SIBO) and those on an Autoimmune Paleo, Carnivore, or Lectin-free diet. Please consult your healthcare practitioner if you are unsure.
We offer a gluten-free version so everyone can experience the benefits of Primeadine. Try Primeadine GF.
- PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- Heavy Metals
- Flow agents
Customer & Expert Reviews
This product is rated 4.9 of 5.0 stars.
It has received 99 reviews.
There is no question that spermidine is a crucial component to any longevity program. Thankfully, Oxford Healthspan offers an unparalleled product line. The quality is unprecedented, derived from naturally-sourced materials and manufactured in Japan. As a result, the products contain not only spermidine, but related polyamines which provide additional health benefits. As a result, I highly recommend this product line to all of my patients.
My renegade beauty secret for deeper sleep, stronger nails, longer lashes, fuller hair, smoother skin, and fading freckles.
Primeadine is an exceptional quality spermidine that I use in many protocols, especially when I am trying to induce autophagy. These include such diverse protocols as those for tinnitus, post-viral syndromes, 'autoimmunity', and graying hair! I am especially pleased to have a gluten-free version to offer patients.
I’m nearly 62, and I started looking into lowering my biological age. Primeadine supplements really help with, fundamentally, what’s called autophagy, which is getting rid of rubbish in your cells and using it for energy and for cell renewal and for your brain as well. Lots of you ask about what I take and this is a key essential.
My wife has been taking it for six months and I think she looks younger and her hair growth has come back after pregnancy, and nails, and all kinds of things that are a reflection of good vitality.
My hair was starting to go from gray back to […] dark brown. It was gray, and now it’s back to its original color. When I think about spermidine as a whole, the way I am viewing it is as a way to reduce systemic inflammation.
I’ve noticed (via the Oura ring app) my deep and REM sleep improved enormously! My nails are so firm and my skin is even more beautiful and glowing. If you want to improve your health and rejuvenate your body, I suggest following an anti-aging protocol with Primeadine.
The best spermidine supplement on the market.
Primeadine upregulates autophagy and mitophagy, helps the immune system to rejuvenate plus it protects DNA and supports deep sleep, hair skin, and nails. It’s a staple in my supplement stack!
I’ve been taking Primeadine spermidine on and off for about 3 years. Every time I go on it, my sleep or recovery scores on my tracking devices go up. And when I go off of it, after several weeks they start to drop.
What I noticed is: incredibly thick and fast-growing eyelashes, hair, and nails; improved skin texture; constant energy levels; great digestion; stronger immunity; deep, restful sleep; balanced hormones and regular menstruation.
One of my non-negotiable supplements for better skin, hair, lash growth, and autophagy. And best of all - improved sleep.
What Is Spermidine?
Spermidine is a potent plant-derived polyamine found to increase longevity and healthspan. It does this by addressing the root causes of aging and activating your body's cellular renewal process, called autophagy.
Spermidine is found in all living things, but is most concentrated in sperm (hence the name!), breast milk, and the endosperm of seeds, such as wheat germ. We naturally produce spermidine, but our ability to do so declines with age, impacting our ability to trigger autophagy also. This increases our dietary needs for spermidine and is where food-derived, supplemental sources of spermidine come in handy.Learn More
Primeadine® vs other Spermidine Supplements
What makes Primeadine® the best spermidine supplement out there?
When Can I Expect Results?
If you have a wearable sleep tracking device, look to see if there are any changes to your sleep scores within your first week of taking Primeadine. If not, try taking it right before bed! After at least 2 weeks, you may notice you need to clip your nails sooner than expected. This is a sign of increased cell turnover. This cellular renewal will also be happening in your hair and skin.
Changes to your hair may be noticeable after 6-8 weeks (around the time you get your hair cut next). The human clinical trial done on food-derived spermidine found improvements to cognition within 12 weeks.
We recommend taking Primeadine continuously to experience the full range of benefits from enhanced cellular renewal and addressing the root causes of aging.
✔️ Made in a FDA Registered Facility
✔️ Lab Tested
✔️ Vegan & Cruelty Free
Concentrated & Defatted Japanese Wheat Germ Extract
Plant-derived spermidine and its naturally co-occurring, beneficial polyamines, putrescine and spermine, are found in wheat germ in abundance, but not all wheat germ is created equal. We source a high-potency wheat germ extract from Japan, home to some of the world's longest lived people and meticulous food safety and quality standards. We then defat the wheat germ to ensure the omega 6 fatty acids in it do not go rancid, which can cause inflammation, and to make it more easily absorbable by your gut biome.
The added prebiotic fiber, FOS (frutooligiosaccharide), in Primeadine® Original selectively feeds the spermidine-producing bacteria in your gut biome, supporting your body's natural production of spermidine. It also feeds the other friendly bacteria in the gut, promoting a healthy gut flora. This unique prebiotic is found in maltodextrin, which we derive from beetroot.
Have a question? Curious to learn more? The answers to our most commonly asked questions are below.
What makes Primeadine® the best spermidine supplement?
While we can’t speak directly about the formulation of other spermidine products, here are some of the main differentiators of Primeadine®/Oxford Healthspan.
- We source our raw materials from Japan, which is known for its Nobel Prize winning scientific leadership on autophagy, or cell renewal. Japan has one of the most rigorous quality control and testing policies in the world, meaning our ingredients have the most advanced extraction process and meet the incredibly high standards of the Japan Health Food and Nutrition Food Association. They are tested for heavy metals, mold, fungi, and bacteria at the Japan Food Research Lab (JFRL), a third party independent testing lab.
- Every single batch is tested for its amount of food-derived spermidine so we ensure it contains the minimum effective dose of 1mg stated on our labels.
- Primeadine® is manufactured in Japan in an FDA-registered and -inspected facility with ISO22000 standards, the highest in food quality control. It is then encapsulated in an FDA cGMP facility in the USA and undergoes purity testing there as well at Eurofins or Delta.
- Our capsules and tablets do not contain any synthetic ingredients, whereas other supplements typically contain magnesium stearate (of which circa 80% has hydrogenated fats in it; the supplement industry is not legally required to get rid of hydrogenated oils the way the processed food industry has been mandated by law to), shellac, talc and glycerin. Our products are all suitable for vegans. Learn more about our sourcing, quality, and testing standards.
- The Primeadine® Original formulation includes a special type of prebiotic fiber, called FOS (fructooligosaccharide), that selectively feeds the friendly, spermidine-producing bacteria in the gut biome. The idea is to increase both supplemental, or 'exogenous' spermidine, as well as encourage your own body's natural ability to produce 'endogenous' spermidine in your gut biome.
- Primeadine® GF comes from a sub-strain of chlorella singled out from over 100 others because it alone contains a high level of spermidine and also contains putrescine, the precursor polyamine to both spermine and spermidine. Our chlorella is grown in the nutrient-abundant longevity islands of Okinawa, Japan, and exposed to sunlight to increase the chlorophyll and other nutrient content, such as vitamins D and K, which together help drive calcium to the bones. We combine the chlorella with two other anti-inflammatories and autophagy inducers, Okinawan turmeric and nobiletin (from Okinawan "Shikuwasa" citrus lime peel). Find out more about our ingredients.
- We do not use liposomes in Primeadine® because this is unnecessary for absorption and would prevent the benefits that happen when spermidine is exposed directly to the gut lining. There is no evidence that spermidine cannot be taken up by the cells on its own. Similar to amino acids, polyamines do not need a liposome to cross into the cell or to be taken up with epithelial cells. The process of creating a liposomal version also creates unnecessary expense.
- We do not synthetically enrich our product with synthetic spermidine. Be wary of labels that say "wheat germ with spermidine" as this indicates that the wheat germ has been soaked in synthetic spermidine, thereby increasing the overall amount of spermidine but meaning it is no longer a natural source.
- We do not use doses beyond what the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has mandated as safe for human consumption, which is 6mg daily. Please note that this is related to food-derived spermidine. Synthetic spermidine and synthetically enriched spermidine have never been tested in humans for safety or efficacy and are being sold without regulatory oversight.
- We work closely with our scientific and clinical advisers at the University of Oxford and abroad, all of whom take our product and share it with their loved ones. Learn more about our scientific advisory board here.
- We are also the only non-Japanese member of the Japan Autophagy Consortium, whose Senior Adviser is the 2016 Nobel Prize Winner in Medicine or Physiology, Prof Yoshimori Ohsumi, and whose Director is Prof Tamotsu Yoshimori, Osaka University. Prof Yoshimori conducted all of the mammalian research in autophagy that helped underpin Prof Ohsumi's work in yeast cells. Find out more about our story here.
Why does it matter if spermidine is synthetic or not?
Synthetic spermidine is a 2-dimensional chemical mimic, but we should never forget that molecules are 3-dimensional. Humans have co-evolved with plants over millenia and our bodies recognize the 3-dimensional molecules made by plants. Our bodies can recognize some elements of 2-dimensional mimics, but they are akin to the mirror images of your hands when you put your palms together - 2-dimensionally identical, and yet your right hand cannot wear a left-handed glove.
We have tested other spermidine products whose labels state they contain 'wheat germ with spermidine' and noticed that they have a small amount of wheat germ 'cut in' with high amounts of synthetic spermidine. Often, these are high dose, low cost options with no guarantee that they will work, or that they are safe. Synthetic spermidine has not been tested for safety or efficacy in humans, only food-derived spermidine has.
Synthetic spermidine does not contain the naturally co-occurring and beneficial polyamines, spermine and putrescine, which are present in food-derived spermidine and contribute to the good results found in studies. There is no evidence that synthetic spermidine alone would have the same benefits.
The presence of these extra polyamines make food-derived spermidine highly bioavailable as putrescine is the precursor to spermidine and spermine, creating a virtuous recycling loop that improves your body's natural spermidine production. For this reason, there is no need for the high doses featured in synthetic spermidine since wholly plant-derived products, like Primeadine®, help your body make more on its own.
What are the benefits of plant-derived spermidine supplements?
Epidemiological studies have correlated higher plant-derived spermidine levels with a longer life.
Supplementation with food-derived spermidine in humans has been shown to support cognition and heart health, promote hormonal balance, improve hair growth and fullness (including eyelashes and brows), and strengthen nails.
This is thought to be because spermidine induces autophagy, the body’s cellular renewal and "clean up" process. It also inhibits 9 of the 12 aging pathways, known as the "Hallmarks of Aging". Some of the hallmarks spermidine acts upon include inflammation, stem cell and mitochondrial dysfunction, and gut dysbiosis.
Inhibiting the aging pathways and inducing autophagy have a whole-body effect and are responsible for the many benefits experienced when consuming plant-derived spermidine.
Other benefits noticed by our clients include deeper, sounder sleep, hair color repigmentation, enhanced energy levels, brighter, more supple skin, and improved gut health.
What should I feel when taking Primeadine® for the first time?
Primeadine® works at a cellular level, so we recommend taking for at least 12 weeks to experience its full effects. That said, some of our customers have reported deeper sleep, as measured by the ōura ring, as early as the first night. See our Testimonials section for more!
What is the best spermidine dose to take?
The US FDA has not ruled on a safe upper limit for food-derived spermidine, but the European Union's European Food Safety Authority has deemed 6mg of supplemental food-derived spermidine to be the safe upper limit.
To date, most studies have been conducted using a daily dose of 1mg of food-derived spermidine, together with spermine and putrescine.
Synthetic spermidine has not been tested for safety in humans.
Why is your product more expensive compared to other products I see on the internet?
- We take great care to use the highest quality ingredients available and to keep out the 'nasties' commonly found in the supplement manufacturing process. We take the same approach that we do when baking a birthday cake for our children: we use the highest quality ingredients - no industrial seed oils such as wheat germ oil that oxidizes rapidly and wreaks havoc in our cells, no magnesium stearate to make the powder flow faster through automated encapsulation equipment (approximately 80% of all magnesium stearate used as 'flow agents' contain hydrogenated industrial seed oils), and no talc to make the powder denser and fit more compactly into fewer capsules.
- We also do not use synthetic spermidine, which is very cheap and often 'cut' into products stating they contain 'wheat germ with spermidine.'
- We choose food-derived spermidine, sourced and manufactured in Japan, which has one of the strictest food and supplement regulatory regimens in the world. Our products undergo rigorous third party lab testing to ensure they are of the purest and most effective quality. Yes, it is more costly, just as the best cake ingredients for your child's birthday cake would be too. It's a choice and philosophy we wholeheartedly believe in and follow every step of the way.